About our Policy
If you have any requests or queries, or would like to be removed from our mailing list, then please get in touch with us, or alternatively, write to: Data Protection Officer, National Express Group PLC, National Express House, Birmingham Coach Station, Mill Lane, Digbeth, Birmingham B5 6DD.
2. Collection and Use of Visitor Information
2.1 What data collection methods (including cookies) do we use on our website?
We use a range of data collection methods and technologies on our website, which we use to collect data for the purposes of transactions with you, gathering statistics and analytics on our website traffic and users' behaviour, evaluating our marketing effectiveness, requesting user feedback, and to improve our website and customer satisfaction.
2.2 What information do we collect?
We will collect name, address, log-in, transaction, payment and other information which our visitors enter into forms completed and submitted through our website.
Our technologies above also capture information about your use of our website, including where you visited our website from and click-throughs, what pages you visit, your use of each page (taps, clicks, gestures, cursor movements, scrolling, and key presses, and information entered into forms), and your feedback.
We also collect your browser information, including your browser make (e.g. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Chrome), your operating system (e.g. Microsoft Windows, OSX, Android), your IP address (a unique identifier allocated to your computer for your connection to the internet), and your domain name.
Our own and third party cookies and other technologies will also be used to collect information to track visits to our website and advertising. Please see further Paragraph 2.1 'What data collection methods (including cookies) do we use on our website?' above.
In addition, we may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
2.3 How will this information be used?
We respect your privacy and may use your information:-
- To process any registration for an account on our website and for the subsequent administration of that account;
- To process enquiries through our website;
- To process any ticket purchases or other transactions through our website and to carry out any obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To log various usage and statistical information about your use of our website;
- To administer the website and gather broad demographic information about users of the site;
- To keep you informed about National Express Limited or Eurolines UK and our services;
- To send you, or permit selected third parties to provide you with details of special offers, promotions, new products and services we feel may be of interest to you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this;
- To advise of changes to our website;
- To improve our website, and to customise our website for our visitors; and
- To track and manage advertising.
If you prefer not to receive any further marketing communications from us, you can opt out at any time. See further Paragraph 3.3 'Opt-out Procedure' below.
2.4 Who will we share your information with?
We may disclose information to:
- Our regulators, lawyers and auditors;
- Other companies within our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006;
- Persons where required by law under a court order or subpoena;
- Third party service providers or agents acting on our behalf; and
- Providers of any of the services and technologies identified in Paragraph 2.1 'What data collection methods (including cookies) do we use on our website?' above and advertising networks.
2.5 Where we store your information?
Personal information will be retained for as long as the purpose for which it was collected continues, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. It will then be destroyed although copies may be retained if required to satisfy our legal, regulatory or accounting requirements.
3.2 Access Rights
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you are entitled to a copy of any personal information we hold on you, but we may charge a fee of no more than £10 for providing this information.
To obtain a copy of any personal information we hold on you write to: Customer Relations Team, National Express Limited, Mill Lane, Digbeth, Birmingham B5 6DD.
3.3 Opt-Out Procedure
For some types of marketing communications, our site may provide an opt-in and opt-out facility so that you only receive those communications if you choose to. Whenever we send you a communication we will also give you the opportunity to request your details to be removed from our marketing list. At any time you can access your account and change your status indicating whether you want to opt-in or opt-out of receiving those communications. Or you can write to us at National Express Limited, National Express House, Mill Lane, Digbeth, Birmingham B5 6DD.
If you do not want to receive emails from National Express or Eurolines UK please write to us at the address above, or
call our Contact Centre and state your wish to be removed from the email list. Alternatively customers can unsubscribe by clicking an unsubscribe link that features in all emails sent by National Express or Eurolines UK.
3.4 Changes / Modification to personal information
You may make a request to us to change or modify any inaccuracies in your personal information at any time free of charge. Further if you are aware at any time that any of the personal information that you have given to us has changed, then please let us know at the earliest opportunity of the changes that need to be made to your personal information.
If you would like guidance on how to change the information that we hold on you please contact us, or alternatively, write to: Data Protection Officer, National Express Group PLC, National Express House, Birmingham Coach Station, Mill Lane, Digbeth, Birmingham B5 6DD.
4. General Information
If we change this policy, we will post the new policy on our home page. If the change means that we will use your information differently, we will notify you. You may accept the change of use, or if you do not, we will continue to use your information in accordance with the policy under which it was collected.
4.2 Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal information, for example:
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers;
- Any payment transactions will be encrypted
- Access to your account on this website is controlled by password and username which are unique to you.
Whilst we will use reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information which are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
4.3 Our Pledge to You
4.4 Other Websites
4.5 Legal Entity
National Express Limited is a company registered in England and Wales, with company number 232767, whose registered office is National Express Group PLC, National Express House, Birmingham Coach Station, Mill Lane, Digbeth, Birmingham B5 6DD. National Express Limited is a subsidiary of National Express Group PLC, registered number 2590560.
National Express Limited is the 'data controller' for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998.
All copyright, database rights, design rights, and all intellectual property rights in and to all text and graphics their selection and arrangement, and all mark up/layout/scripts, software compilations, underlying source (hyper text mark up language and scripts) and all other materials on this web site belong solely and absolutely to National Express Limited.
No part of our web site can be reproduced in any form whatsoever whether electronically or otherwise without our prior written consent other than temporarily in the course of using our web site or to keep a record of a transaction entered into using this web site.
Copyright © National Express Limited 2007 to 2013.
4.7 Liability Disclaimer
We disclaim and exclude any duty of care which we may owe you in respect of the information on this web site. Your reliance on this web site and your use of this web site is entirely at your own risk. Nothing on this web site constitutes an offer to enter into any contract, and all orders for tickets are subject to acceptance by National Express Limited. We exclude all warranties, terms and conditions implied by law in relation to this web site.
You may not rely on any statement or representation in the web site, and when you buy tickets from National Express Limited you agree that you have not relied on any statement or representation in this web site.
We do not exclude our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation.
We shall have no liability for any loss or damage you suffer as a result of relying on any fact or statement that proves to be incorrect.
This web site contains hyper links to web sites operated by third parties. If you activate this hyper link you will leave the National Express Limited web site and National Express Limited have no control over and will not accept any liability whatsoever in respect of the material in any web site which is not on the National Express Limited web site.